The South Central Library System consists of 54 Member Public Libraries in 7 counties.
The communities served by SCLS member libraries are as varied as the patrons who use them, but public libraries have been consistently resourceful and innovative in meeting the expanding demand for information, education and recreation from this dynamic population.
Demographic forecasts point to continued growth for the SCLS area, which currently has a population of more than 837,000.
In 2016, our libraries provided their communities
- more than 6.5 million library visits.
- 12,827 childrens programs attended by more than 371,000 children.
- 6,887 adult programs attended by more than 115,000 adults.
- more than 11 million loans of library materials.
- more than 843,000 ebooks and other items were downloaded from the Wisconsin Digital Library.
- more than 2.4 million uses of wireless internet.
- more than 1.6 million uses of public access computers.