The South Central Library System consists of 54 Member Public Libraries in 7 counties.
The communities served by SCLS member libraries are as varied as the patrons who use them, but public libraries have been consistently resourceful and innovative in meeting the expanding demand for information, education and recreation from this dynamic population.
Demographic forecasts point to continued growth for the SCLS area, which currently has a population of more than 868,000.
In 2021, our libraries provided their communities
- more than 2.2 million library visits.
- 6,079 childrens programs attended by more than 110,000 children.
- 3,178 adult programs attended by more than 61,000 adults.
- more than 6 million loans of library materials.
- more than 1.6 million ebooks and other items were downloaded from the Wisconsin Digital Library.
- more than 7.1 million uses of wireless internet.
- more than 228,000 uses of public access computers.